Moving To > Wales
Moving to Wales from the U.S.
Are you planning a move to Wales from the U.S.? International Sea & Air Shipping is your best choice for overseas shipping. With all the tough planning ahead of you, let us take care of the logistics so you can have a stress-free moving experience.
Your belongings will be delivered safely by air or sea, and you'll be guided every step of the way by one of our international moving experts to ensure a smooth transition to Wales.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Wales
At International Sea & Air Shipping, our international moving specialists are well-trained in the process of moving to Wales. Your move will be taken care of from start to finish with our top-notch services and we can even help you with other items such as:
- The household goods and personal effects you're brining with you to Wales? Does this include a vehicle?
- Are you moving for business or personal reasons?
- How long do you intend to stay in Wales? Do you need to find housing?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to Wales?
When moving to Wales, the cost will directly depend on the amount of space your items take up in shipment and the distance your items will be traveling. If you'll be using our other services such as auto shipping, those costs will be added separately to the cost of your shipment.
For a more accurate idea of your overseas shipping costs, call International Sea & Air Shipping to schedule a free in-home moving estimate. Our expert moving agent will be able to provide you a detailed estimate based on your items and the cubic footage your shipment will take.
Call 1-866-788-1090 today to schedule your appointment for a free international moving estimate.
Wales is located on the island of Great Britain within the United Kingdom. It is bordered by England on the east, the Irish Sea to the north and west and the Bristol Channel to the south. The country is generally mountainous with peaks in the north and central areas including its highest summit, Snowden, but it also has more than 1,680 miles of coastline.
A wide variety of sea birds call Wales home because of its long coastline. On land, shrews, voles and badgers take up permanent residence in the country along with otters, weasels and goats, among other animals.
The UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Wales are The Castles and Town Walls of King Edward I in Gwynedd, Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, and the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape. With its own languages, customs and festivals, Wales has a distinctive culture.
Though it was once an agricultural country, Wales has developed significantly to industrial and now a post-industrial economy. Large numbers of tourists, who play a vital role in the economic development of the country, are attracted to the country's landscape, including three national parks and 45 Blue Flag beaches.
Don't delay! Call our International moving specialists at 1-866-788-1090 to schedule your free no-cost moving estimate!
Custom Regulations for Wales:
*NOTE: DOCUMENTS AND CUSTOMS REGULATIONS VARY ACCORDING TO THE NATIONALITY OF THE CUSTOMER. ALL SHIPMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION.
Used household goods are tax and duty-free if:
- The client is moving or retuning to the EC (European Community) after living outside the EC for 12 continuous months
- The goods have been in the customer's possession and use outside of the EC for at least 6 months prior to importation
- Items may be imported up to 6 months in advance of the transfer of residence and no later than 12 months after the customer's arrival
- Passport - including photo page
- Customs Form C3 - original, signed in ink for ocean shipments. Faxed copies are acceptable for air shipments
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- Comprehensive packing list and valued inventory - two copies, signed and dated
- Work permit
- Keys to any locked items
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN WALES AT THE TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free, in suitable quantities, if:
- Goods have been owned and used by Customer abroad and not to be re-sold for at least six months
- Customer has lived abroad for over 12 months and intends to settle in Wales
- Goods must not be imported for commercial use
- Firearms - hunting rifles, ammunitions require a license
- Radio transmitters
- Endangered species including birds and plants, alive or dead, and goods made from them
- Plants and their produce - trees, shrubs, bulbs and seeds
- Alcohol, tobacco and perfume - incurs duty and excise tax of 10-20% and VAT of 20% must be declared on Customs C3 Form
- Wedding gifts - are eligible for duty-free importation if the items are intended for the client and given by someone living outside the EC
- Client -
- a marriage certificate is required
- value of £800 per item maximum
- Alcohol or tobacco gifts are excluded
- Gifts can arrive 2 months prior to the wedding and 4 months afterward
- Inheritance goods - require a C1241 Form and a copy of the will naming client as beneficiary
- Art and antiquities are duty-free if:
- Articles are part of a bona fide household removal or are more than 100 years old
- Articles have been in the use and possession of the owner for a minimum of one year
- Articles are not for dale or other disposal in the UK
- Owner must declare the age and value of the goods prior to importation and the date of manufacture must be produced
- Certificate of Antiquity should be supplied
- Precious metal objects may enter duty-free. Silverware is considered household goods
- Required Documents:
- Customs Form C88
- An Age Declaration
- Evidence of Age
- Flick knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters, blowpipes, butterfly knives, death stars, spring-operated telescopic truncheons and some martial arts equipment
- Stun guns, electric shock batons and self-defense sprays
- Obscene materials - graphic horror comics, extreme violence
- Illicit drugs including: heroin, morphine, cocaine, cannabis, amphetamines, barbiturates and LSD
- Pornographic materials
Customer may be required to be present during customs clearance.
One auto may be imported duty-free if owned and used abroad for six months
Cannot be sold or otherwise disposed of for one year after date of importation
- Documents required:
- Passport (copy) proof of ownership outside the EC for at least 12 months, proof of insurance
- Original purchase invoice, vehicle registration & Certificate of Title, bill of lading
- Customs Form - please use applicable form:
- C104A - relocation of main residence or C104F - relocation for 6-12 months
- C384 Declaration if the vehicle is less than 6 months old
- Community Transit document - T2; obtained from origin Customs office
- Declaration to HM Customs - specify make, model, year of manufacture, serial, engine & chassis numbers, cc engine capacity, fuel type, odometer reading, number of cylinders, left or right drive, transmission type, price and defects that may bring value down
Dogs, cats and ferrets traveling under the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) from mainland U.S. may enter the U.K. without quarantine. Pets arriving from non-approved countries are subject to a 6-month quarantine period.
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Certificate of Vaccination - including rabies and tapeworm treatment: Blood draw sample taken 15-30 days after vaccination to verify vaccines have been effective
- Health Certificate - dated less than 30 days prior to arrival
- Proof of microchip
- Import Permit - if arriving from non-approved countries
- Customs Form C5 for each pet, with the pet's purchase price or the cost of buying another pet of the same breed, age and condition
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : Wales forever|
Capital : Cardiff
National Anthem : Land of my fathers
Location : Snowdonia in the north west, the Cambrian Mountains in mid Wales, and the Brecon Beacons in the south.
Area : Total : 20,779 km²
Land : 20640 km²
Climate : Cloudy, Wet and Windy, with Warm summers and Mild winters.
Water : 139 km²
Nationality : Welsh (n)
Population : 2.9 million
Major Cities : Cardiff, Swansea, Newport
Languages : Welsh
GDP : 85.4 billion(2006)
Exchange Rates : British pounds (GBP) per US dollar - 0.6504 (2010), 0.6389 (2009), 0.5302 (2008), 0.4993 (2007), 0.5418 (2006)
Airports : 2
Roadways : N/A
Waterways : N/A
Ports & Terminals : Swansea, Pembroke Dock, Mostyn