Moving To > United Arab Emirates
Moving to the United Arab Emirates from the U.S.
Moving to the United Arab Emirates from the United States is a major transition for anyone, and there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe.
The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move, especially when it comes to documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services.
Which is why you shouldn't have to worry about it. Instead, let us tackle the tough stuff for you.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to the United Arab Emirates as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more.
Here's how we get the job done:
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to United Arab Emirates
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline.When do you need to be in the United Arab Emirates?
- Your real estate plans.Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate.How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to the United Arab Emirates Cost?
For the most accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you should schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to the United Arab Emirates.
Don't wait until the last possible moment, contact International Sea & Air Shipping today. You won't regret the decision.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to the United Arab Emirates will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time so it's extremely important that you work with an agent so they can give you the most accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
About the United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates - also known as the Emirates or the UAE - is located at the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula and sits on the body of water internationally known as the Persian Gulf. The UAE is made up of seven emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain) and is home to 9.2 million people, 7.8 million of whom are expatriates. Despite this, the national language is Arabic, but English is the most used language since the UAE was a British colony as recently as 1971.
In addition to a wealth of expats, the combined emirates also boasts the second largest economy in the Arab world behind only Saudi Arabia. The majority of this success is due to the export of natural resources, most of which is oil.
Known for its hot summers and warm winters, temperatures in the UAE can reach up to 113°F, with minimum temperatures ranging between 50 and 57°F in the colder months.
Can't wait to get started with your overseas relocation to the United Arab Emirates? First, find out what you'll need to clear Customs.
Custom Regulations for United Arab Emirates:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Passport (two clear copies)
- Detailed inventory in English (one original and two copies)
- Residence permit
- Letter confirming employment
- Insurance certificate
- Customer must be present for Customs Clearance
- All shipments are subject to inspection
- Household goods and personal effects are duty-free if Customer obtains a Residence Permit
- All new household goods are subject to duty and taxes which are determined by a Customs official
In the United Arab Emirates, some articles may not be imported in a Customer's baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Firearms, weapons and ammunition (including decorative items and toy weapons)
- Drugs and narcotics (this includes psychotropic medicine and poppy seeds)
- Pornography (according to the definition of pornography under Islamic law, which also includes political and religious material and items deemed offensive to the UAE government or the faith of Islam)
- Material that contradicts Islamic teachings
- Counterfeit items such as counterfeit money
- Cultural artifacts and objects of cultural importance (engravings, print, lithographs, etc.)
- Goods from countries with no diplomatic ties to the UAE
- Goods from Israel or that have Israeli branding on them
- Items related to gambling (lottery tickets, gambling machines, etc.)
- Three layer fishing nets
- Tires showing usage, tempering or inlaid tires
- Items, materials and substances polluted with radiation
- Homemade food
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in the United Arab Emirates. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Endangered species and products made from parts of or whole endangered species (may be brought in with permission of Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora - CITES)
- Medication (including certain painkillers, no more than a three month's supply)
- Must be brought with copy of prescription from a UAE-licensed doctor or prescription and detailed medical report if prescribed abroad
- Currency (foreign or local money totaling 40,000 AED - including traveler's checks - must be declared)
- Plants and plant material (require a Health Certificate)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In the United Arab Emirates, the following rules apply to importing motor vehicles:
- Can only register a vehicle with a valid United Arab Emirates Residence Vida
- Duty is applicable for all imported vehicles
For importation, you will need the following documents:
- Residence permit
- Registration documents from country of origin
- The title or deed
- Purchase invoice (copy)
- Certificate of origin
- Passport (copy)
- Insurance policy
- Proof of ownership
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a pet to the United Arab Emirates (maximum of 2 per Customer), the requirements are:
- Dogs and cats must be microchipped prior to arrival with a 15 digit pet microchip meeting ISO standards (accompanying number or barcode must be written on vaccination card - needs to be stamped by veterinarian if handwritten)
- Import permit/paper in advance of pet's arrival obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries (valid 30 days from date of issue)
- Vaccination Certificate or card displaying current rabies vaccination (must include vaccine's manufacturer, batch number and expiration)
- Vaccination must have been given at least 21 days prior to arrival in UAE but not more than 12 months before
- A Blood Titer Test (unless coming from country considered by the United Arab Emirates to be rabies free)
- Test cannot be administered more than three months before entry
- Veterinary Certificate from the United Arab Emirates (stamped from government of exporting country)
- Should come with copy of the Blood Titer Test and Rabies Certificate
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
The following items are free of import for Customer's over the age of 18 if they are non-commercial gifts or items for personal use and total no more than 3,000 AED:
- 400 cigarettes
- 50 cigars
- 500 grams of tobacco
- 4 liters of alcohol (combination of spirits, wine and beer) or 2 cartons of beer
- For carton of beer, there must be no more than 24 cans in a carton and each can must not exceed 255 milliliters
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090