Moving To > Tanzania
International Move to Tanzania
Moving to Tanzania is a major transition for anyone, and there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe.
The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move, especially when it comes to documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services.Which is why you shouldn't have to worry about it. Instead, let us tackle the tough stuff for you.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Tanzania as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more. We'll be there with you each and every step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods, to shipping them overseas and assisting you through the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you need to do is give us a call so we can get started with an on-site estimate. We'll take care of everything else.
Here's how we get the job done:
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Tanzania
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Tanzania?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Tanzania Cost?
For the most accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you should schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to Tanzania.
Don't wait until the last possible moment, contact International Sea & Air Shipping today. You won't regret the decision.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to Tanzania will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time so it's extremely important that you work with an agent so they can give you the most accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
A presidential constitutional republic, Tanzania is officially known as the United Republic of Tanzania, and is home to the highest mountain in Africa: Mount Kilimanjaro. Africa's lowest point is also located in Tanzania: the floor of Lake Tanganyika.
Estimated to have a population of roughly 47 million people, Tanzania consists of a diverse population of around 125 ethnic groups. About 99 percent of the population is of African descent, with the majority of the residents being Bantu.
A biodiverse region, 38 percent of Tanzania's land is set aside for conservation, including 16 national parks and game and forest reserves. Most famous of these is the Gombe Stream National Park, the site of Jane Goodall's study of chimpanzee behavior which has been ongoing since 1960.
Can't wait to get started with your overseas relocation to Tanzania? First, find out what you'll need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for Tanzania:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Residence visa
- Immigration permit
- Residence permit
- Work permit
- Certificate of change of residence
- "Attestation reservation de cale"
- Inventory (triplicate in English, detailed, valued and signed by customer)
- Make, model and serial number must be listed for all electronics
- Customs declaration
- Customer must be in the country at the time of Custom's clearance
- All shipments must arrive no later than six months after customer
- Shipments partially inspected
- To avoid delay and additional charges, all marking must correspond exactly to documents
In Tanzania, some articles may not be imported in a customer's baggage. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Counterfeit items
- Local currency (Tanzanian shilling)
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Tanzania. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Live animals (health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations)
- Plants, foodstuff and seeds (health certificate required)
- Weaponry and ammunition (with permission only)
- For video/filming equipment, radios, tape recorders and musical instruments, a bond may be placed to assure that the goods will be re-exported
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In Tanzania, new automobiles are dutiable. To import a vehicle you will need to have the following:
- Registration card (original)
- Declaration of value must be declared
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a pet to Tanzania, he or she will need to have the following documentation:
- Health certificate from a competent veterinary surgeon required
- Dogs and cats must be vaccinated against rabies
- Dogs must be vaccinated less than three years and six months prior to arrival
- Cats must be vaccinated at least 1 year and 1 month before arrival
- All live animals are subject to inspection on arrival and will be kept in quarantine for a certain period
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
Certain items may be imported duty free if the customer is over 16-years-old. These items include:
- 200 cigarettes
- 50 cigars
- 250 grams of tobacco
- 1 Imperial pint of spirits
- Non-commercial amount of gifts and other items for personal use
- Foreign currency
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090