Moving To > Taiwan
International Move to Taiwan
Moving to Taiwan is a major transition for anyone, and there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe.
The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move, especially when it comes to documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services. Which is why you shouldn't have to worry about it. Instead, let us tackle the tough stuff for you.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Taiwan as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more.We'll be there with you each and every step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods, to shipping them overseas and assisting you through the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you need to do is give us a call so we can get started with an on-site estimate. We'll take care of everything else.
Here's how we get the job done:
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Taiwan
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Taiwan?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Taiwan Cost?
For the most accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you should schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to Taiwan.
Don't wait until the last possible moment, contact International Sea & Air Shipping today. You won't regret the decision.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to Taiwan will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time so it's extremely important that you work with an agent so they can give you the most accurate quote.Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
An island in East Asia, the democratic country of Taiwan (formerly Formosa) is officially known as the Republic of China because it used to rule mainland China.
One of the most densely populated countries in the world, Taiwan has around 648 people per square kilometer, most of which are situated in the largest metropolitan area comprised of Taipei, New Taipei and Keelung.
Boasting the 21st-largest economy in the world, Taiwan is ranked highly for its freedom of press, healthcare, public education, economic freedom and human development and is considered an advanced industrial economy.
Can't wait to get started with your overseas relocation to Taiwan? First, find out what you'll need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for Taiwan:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Passport (original and copies for each member of your family)
- Birth certificate (for each child moving abroad if applicable)
- Marriage license (copy if applicable)
- Resident visa and certificate of residence
- Work permit (copy)
- Proof of employment
- Letter allowing Destination Agent to clear shipment at Customs
- Detailed inventory (copy)
- Customer's arrival certificate (yellow page)
- Customs Declaration Form for unaccompanied baggage (describing quantity and value of each item, must be made upon customer's arrival)
- You must be present in Taiwan for your shipment to clear Customs
- Your shipment must arrive within six months of your arrival in Taiwan
- All shipments are subject to inspection
- Used household goods may be eligible for duty free import provided they are in suitable quantities
In Taiwan, some articles may not be imported in a customer's baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Narcotics and other drugs
- Weapons: knives, bows, firearms, ammunition and explosives (toy weapons also prohibited)
- Pornographic material
- Gambling tools
- Food, trees, plants, soil and vegetables
- Uncooked meat and poultry
- All items from the People's Republic of China (P.R.C)
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Taiwan. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Tobacco products (requires import permit)
- Currency and gold bullion (requires import permit)
- Wine (subject to high duties and taxes)
- New items and appliances (should be reduced or repacked to avoid duties)
- Electrical items (limit one of each type per family - TVs, personal computers, stereos, etc.)
- Animal fur, skin, ivory or endangered species (owner must obtain city approval from origin country before sending to Taiwan)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
In Taiwan, only one vehicle is allowed per customer and vehicles less than a year or more than ten years old are prohibited. To import a vehicle you will need the following documents:
- Owner's passport
- Owner's residence visa
- Purchase invoice
- Work certificate
- Owner's driver's license
- Vehicle registration/title
- Letter from owner's employer
- Description of vehicle (make, model, year, color, engine number, air conditioned, radio, right/left hand drive, etc.)
- Import permit
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
All animals are subject to quarantine upon arrival. After quarantine, the pet must be under the owner's supervision on his or her premises for at least six months. When importing a petto Taiwan, he or she will need to have the following documentation:
- Import permit
- Work certificate
- Owner's passport with first three pages (copy along with entry form)
- Residence certificate (copy)
- Application form to the Bureau of Commodity Inspection and Quarantine
- Health certificate (original, certified by a foreign veterinarian and Agricultural Bureau of State)
- Certificate ust state pet species, breed, sex and age
- Rabies vaccination certificate (original, must be administered prior to travel, but no more than 180 days prior to departure)
- Must be certified by Agricultural Bureau of State
- Six photos of the pet (in color, 4 x 6, of front and profile views)
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
Certain items may be imported duty free if the Customer is over 20-years-old. These items include:
- 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or one pound of tobacco
- One bottle (not exceeding 1 litre) of alcoholic liquor
- A reasonable quantity of perfume
- Goods imported for non-commercial purposes up to a value of 20,000 TWD provided passenger's last visit to Chinese Taipei was more than 30 days ago
- Passengers under 20-years- old allowed goods up to value of 10,000 TWD
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090