Moving To > Russia
International Move to Russia
Moving to Russia is a major transition for anyone, and there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe.
The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move, especially when it comes to documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services.
Which is why you shouldn't have to worry about it. Instead, let us tackle the tough stuff for you.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Russia as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more.
We'll be there with you each and every step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods, to shipping them overseas and assisting you through the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you need to do is give us a call so we can get started with an on-site estimate. We'll take care of everything else.
Here's how we get the job done:
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Russia
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Russia?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Russia Cost?
For the most accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you should schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to Russia.
Don't wait until the last possible moment, contact International Sea & Air Shipping today. You won't regret the decision.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to Russia will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time so it's extremely important that you work with an agent so they can give you the most accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
The Russian Federation is the largest country in the world, covering more than one-eighth of the inhabited land on Earth and containing nine different time zones. Russia is also the ninth most populated nation on the planet, with almost 144 million inhabitants.
A federal semi-presidential republic, the President is considered the head of the state and the Prime Minster the head of the government.
Russia is the largest producer of oil and natural gas across the globe, helping the Russian economy which currently ranks as the fifteenth largest by nominal GDP.
Can't wait to get started with your overseas relocation to Russia? First, find out what you'll need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for Russia:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Valid passport (copy)
- Russian visa (copy)
- Power of Attorney (three copies - for moving company, Destination Agent and to carry out clearance formalities)
- Letter to customs from Russian employer (three copies, prepared by shipper's employer)
- Russian TD10 Customs Form (Declaration for Unaccompanied Luggage) Packing list
- Packing list
- Temporary import obligation (for duty free import of surface shipments only)
- Russian customs rules are subject to change at any time and without prior notice
- You should not go through customs on your own unless you speak fluent Russian and are familiar with the process
- All shipments are subject to inspection, which can result in extra terminal handling and storage charges
In Russia, some articles may not be imported in a customer's baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Fish and products made of fish
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dairy and meat products (from Armenia and Georgia)
- Military weapons and ammunition
- Photos or printed materials against the Russian Federation
- Pornographic materials
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Russia. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Live animals (requires import permit)
- Dairy and meat products (quantities are limited, must be in original factory packaging)
- Cash in foreign currencies (limited amounts)
- Medication (requires prescription)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
Import duties and taxes for shipping vehicles to Russia will vary based on the model, year and engine volume. Foreign citizens are allowed to use a temporary permit for vehicles they own for one year without being taxed - vehicles must be re-exported from Russia after this timeframe.
In Russia, the following rules apply to importing motor vehicles:
- Power of Attorney (three notarized copies after arrival in Russia)
- Letter to Customs(three copies)
- Passport, visa and registration (copies)
- Vehicle registration document (original)
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a petto Russia, they will need to have the following documentation:
- Vaccination records
- Veterinary health certificate bearing a seal of the local Board of Health (issued no more than 10 days prior to arrival)
- Import license
- Identification (tattoo or microchip)
- Animals other than dogs and cats require special import permission from the Ministry of Agriculture
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
Household goods can be imported to Russia duty free (excluding items on the prohibited and restricted list).
- 400 cigarettes, 200 cigarillos, 100 cigars or 500 grams of tobacco are allowed duty free - any more will be taxed
- Only one type of tobacco product may be imported (otherwise only half of the above mentioned qualities will be allowed)
- Only allowed for persons over 21 years old
- Limited to 2 liters duty free
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090