Moving To > Pakistan
Moving to Pakistan from the U.S.
If you are moving to Pakistan from the United States, there is plenty to consider before you head to South Asia. With so much to prepare for, the last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of your complicated move.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Pakistan as seamless as possible by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more!
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Pakistan
First, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a personal consultation, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on specific criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline.When do you need to be in Pakistan?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size.Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate.How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Pakistan Cost?
For an accurate estimate of your shipment size, you should schedule a home survey as early as possible for your move to Pakistan. Our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best potential estimate to expedite your relocation. The cost of moving to Pakistan will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time.
Don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
Located in the southern portion of Asia, the country is officially known as the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Pakistan has the sixth highest population in the world, bordering India, Afghanistan, Iran and China. It also has a coastline along the Gulf of Oman, as well as the Arabian Sea. Though Karachi is the country's largest city, Pakistan's capital is Islamabad.
Due to Pakistan's diverse climate and geography, it features a great range of wildlife. It is the 36th largest country when it comes to total land area, so it includes desert area, rivers and plateaus, and mountains with some of the world's highest peaks. Pakistan is also one of the world's largest producers of natural commodities.
Custom Regulations for Pakistan:
If you are planning to move internationally to Pakistan, then you'll need the following documentation to enter the country legally.
- Original copy of passport
- Work permit (for foreign nationals) or NOC from the Investment Promotion Bureau and Government of Pakistan
- Letter from employer stating you will be stationed in country for at least three years (for foreign nationals)
- Employer certificate
- National Identity Card (for Pakistan nationals)
- Transfer of Residence Certificate
- Inventory, featuring detailed descriptions of contents of cartons and of each liftvan
- Bank guarantee (required for all loose shipments in steamship container) - account must be advised before shipment moves
When it comes to shipping, Pakistan has several specific regulations you must adhere to so you can clear customs.
- You must be present when shipment is received.
- Used household items and personal effects can be imported duty-free (in a reasonable quantity).
- New or used furniture requires:
- Your original passport
- Form A Customs
- Original invoice
- Employee certificate
- Transfer of residence
- Proof that you are returning to country permanently (for foreign nationals)
Pakistan also places restrictions on various types of items, including dutiable goods, which we've listed below:
- All electrical items
- Major appliances
- New items - invoices/receipts required
While duties are levied on certain items, Pakistan prohibits the import of:
- Firearms, explosives, ammunition
- Pornographic material
- Recorded VHS tapes and other movies
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
If you'd like to bring your car with you to Pakistan, here are some of the guidelines to follow:
- Only diplomats and Pakistani Nationals are allowed to import motor vehicles.
- Duties apply on all automobiles (cost plus freight).
- Documents required include:
- Import permit
- Invoice/previous registration.
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
Pakistan requires specific documentation if you are planning on bringing your pet with you. To get your furry friend into the country, you'll need:
- Your passport
- Health certificate issued by licensed veterinarian
In addition, you must be present at the time of your pet's arrival. Also, import is permitted as either accompanied or unaccompanied baggage.
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
When importing goods into Pakistan, some items may face a Good and Services Tax (GST) of 17 percent. Dutiable items-some of which are mentioned above-can be levied duties of up to 30 percent upon import.
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090