Moving to Lithuania from the U.S.
Looking for moving to Lithuania? With International Sea & Air Shipping you can get access to highly integrated end to end international moving services. Our moving specialists are always available at short notice to assist you along the way through all the phases of your international move. We take special care of your possessions and leave no stone unturned to ensure shipped and delivered safely to Lithuania.
When Moving to Lithuania
Our expert advice will aid in responding to all the moving challenges and organizing your international move such as:
- How easily accessible is your residence? On what floor is your new residence located?
- Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Will you be renting or purchasing real estate?
The Cost of Moving to Lithuania
As the country is situated in Northern Europe, vast distances need to be covered for shipping goods between USA and Lithuania. The process of moving from USA to Lithuania is long and time consuming. The cost of shipping your household goods is largely reliant on the cubic foot volume of your household goods and large number of goods means more volume, this effectively results in higher shipping cost.
You can arrange for a face to face meeting with our moving experts. They will evaluate your goods that are intended for shipping and calculate their exact cubic foot cost based on their volume.
Lithuania officially called as the Republic of Lithuania is a North European country. Lithuania is the southernmost of the three Baltic states.
Lithuania shares its borders with Belarus, Latvia, Poland, Russia-Kaliningrad enclave. Across the Baltic sea are the countries of Sweden and Denmark. The geographical centre of Europe is located in Lithuania 16 miles north of capital city of Vilnius.
Lithuania is a democratic republic where President is the head of state. The president is elected directly for a term of 5 years and can complete a maximum of 2 consecutive terms. The UN classifies Lithuania as a high average income country.
Today the economy of Lithuania is gradually shifting towards knowledge based economy with special emphasis on biotechnology. Lithuania is rated highest in Baltic states by the Economist Intelligence Unit in its quality of life index. Lithuania's trading partners include Russia, Latvia, Germany, Poland, Estonia, Belarus and UK.
Custom Regulations for Lithuania:
The following list of documents are needed for importation:
- Way Bill
- Packing List
- Copy of the passport and valid visa
- Power of attorney document
- Performa Invoice
- The consignee should be present at the destination and should have a valid visa.
- The consignee should be employed with a registered company.
- Temporary import of HHG and personal effects in Kazakhstan is duty and taxes free. This is valid for one year and can be renewed every year until the time the expatriate has finished his stay and is ready to re-export the shipment.
- Permanent import of HHG and personal effects is subject to customs duties and taxes. Additionally, a V.A.T. of 20% is charged on the import.
- Only a limited amount of foodstuff, new items, and electronics are allowed duty free.
- Pornographic material
- Live animals
Some Restricted goods include but are not limited to:
- Vodka and other alcoholic drinks - 1 Liter (l)
- Wine - 3 l
- Beer - 5 l
- Tobacco - 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco
- Sugar - 1 kg
- Chocolate - 3kg
- Coffee - 2 kg
- Jewelry - 50 kg
- Petrol - 20 l
- Car - 1 car
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate
- It is very difficult for a foreigner to import a car into Lithuania. Companies can sometime import cars, though
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : The strength of the nation lies in unity|
Capital : Vilnius
National Anthem : "Tautiška giesmė" ("National Song")
Location : Eastern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea, between Latvia and Russia
Area : Total : 65,300 sq km
Land : 62,680 sq km
Climate : Transitional, between maritime and continental; wet, moderate winters and summers
Water : 2,620 sq km
Nationality : Lithuanian(s)
Population : 3,535,547 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : VILNIUS (capital) 546,000 (2009)
Languages : Lithuanian (official) 82%, Russian 8%, Polish 5.6%, Other and Unspecified 4.4% (2001 census)
GDP : $56.22 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Litai (LTL) per US dollar - 2.6637 (2010), 2.4787 (2009), 2.3251 (2008), 2.5362 (2007), 2.7498 (2006)
Airports : 81 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 81,030 km
Waterways : 441 km
Ports & Terminals : Butinge, Klaipeda