Latvia International Shipping Services
Do you need overseas shipping services for your international move to Latvia? While moving overseas is not only exciting, it also requires extensive research and planning-and most importantly, a professional, reliable and skilled international moving company to ship your house goods safely to your new country. If you are planning an overseas move to Latvia, let International Sea & Air Shipping assist you with every aspect of your relocation to ensure it is seamless and stress-free.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Latvia
International Sea & Air Shipping's talented and expertly trained moving specialists will help you every step of the way during your international move to Latvia. Before you get started, learn more about all of our offered shipping services and options to determine what best meets your needs:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Latvia? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Latvia Cost?
Cost is always a crucial factor when planning your overseas move. Start by scheduling a home survey with International Sea & Air Shipping to receive an estimate to ship your goods to Latvia.
One of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your belongings and determine the cubic footage of your shipment. You will then receive a free quote for the international moving services you need!
Ultimately, the cost of your overseas move to Latvia will vary based on the cubic footage of your shipment, your preferred method of shipping (air vs. sea freight) the services you require (such as packing and custom crating), and many other factors.
Latvia is located in the Baltic region in north Europe. It was founded in 1918 and has been considered as a sovereign state ever since. Also known as the Republic of Latvia, the country shares its borders with Estonia,Lithuania,the Russian Federation and Belarus.
Latvia is a fascinating travel destination, boasting varied topography and a rich cultural heritage. The nation's small size is another advantage for visitors-all of the nation's greatest features, from the beautiful beaches to historical sites-are easily within 500 kilometers of each other.
Latvia is a part of the European Union, and enjoys good trade and commerce relations with several countries. Its export markets include countries like Lithuania, Estonia, Russia, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Denmark, the UK, Finland and Norway. While its import partners include countries like Lithuania, Estonia, Russia, Sweden, Poland, Denmark, the UK, Finland and the Netherlands, Belarus, and Italy.
Custom Regulations for Latvia:
- Packing List
- Valued Inventory (weight per box and individual values of items)
- Letter of Employment (if you will be employed in Latvia)
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of work/residence permit (if a work/residence permit is not available, then an additional letter from your employer stating that the permit has been applied for may also be accepted)
- The importation of used personal effects is allowed with no value restrictions
- All import customs documentation should be kept for presentation when goods are re-exported, as this will avoid export duty and tax
- Used household goods or personal effects are free of duty and VAT provided that the importer will either accompany or arrive in Latvia
MOTOR VEHICLES REGULATIONS
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Cars under seven years,1600 cc petrol, or 1800 cc diesel subject to 10 percent duty and 18 percent VAT
- Cars over seven years old and under 1600 cc petrol or 1800 cc diesel are only VAT 18 percent applicable
- Temporary Import is possible-two percent deposit is to be made to Riga Customs with an application for temporary import, maximum temporary import is one year
- Diplomatic cars can be registered through the Foreign Ministry only
- Customs has a book of car values and will use this as a minimum if declared value drops below customs book valuations
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : For Fatherland and Freedom|
Capital : Riga
National Anthem : "God Bless Latvia!"
Location : Eastern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea, between Estonia and Lithuania
Area : Total : 64,589 sq km
Land : 62,249 sq km
Climate : Maritime; wet and moderate winters
Water : 2,340 sq km
Nationality : Latvian(s)
Population : 2,204,708 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : RIGA (capital) 711,000 (2009)
Languages : Latvian (official) 58.2%, Russian 37.5%, Lithuanian and Other 4.3% (2000 census)
GDP : $32.2 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Lati (LVL) per US dollar - 0.5422 (2010), 0.5056 (2009), 0.4701 (2008), 0.5162 (2007), 0.5597 (2006)
Airports : 42 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 73,074 km
Waterways : 300 km
Ports & Terminals : Riga, Ventspils