Moving To > Kenya
Moving to Kenya
Are you planning an overseas move to Kenya? Shipping your household goods to another country requires extensive planning and preparation-plus professional and reliable overseas shippers to get your goods abroad safely and without damage.
If you are moving to Kenya, International Sea & Air Shipping is here to help you with every step of your overseas relocation. Let us handle all the stressful parts of your move, while you focus on more important things, like starting your new life across the globe.
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today to set up your free in-home survey! Here's what you can look forward to:
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Kenya
At International Sea & Air Shipping, our professional moving specialists are trained to advise you and oversee your entire overseas move to Kenya. We offer a variety of shipping services to meet your needs:
- Your moving timeline.When do you need to be in Kenya? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate.How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Kenya Cost?
Expense is always an essential factor to consider when planning a move overseas.
If you're moving to Kenya, the price will depend on your shipment size, the services you require, and several other factors.
Schedule a free in-home estimate today with International Sea & Air Shipping and one of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your shipment, determine the cubic footage, and answer any questions you may have. You will then receive a free, no-obligation estimate to ship your goods overseas.
Officially known as the Republic of Kenya, this East African country is named after the continent's second highest mountain peak. Kenya has many wildlife reserves with thousands of animal species, a diverse geography, and a varied culture. About 42 ethnic peoples inhabit Kenya, each with a unique cultural identity. Kenya is also known for its athletics. Popular sports in the country include cricket, rallying, football, rugby and boxing.
Bordered by Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, and Tanzania, Kenya is the world's forty-seventh largest country. The climate varies between temperate, tropical, and arid. The country is also the setting for the great wildebeest migration, considered one of the Natural Wonders of the World. Over two million animals migrate from the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya during from July to October.
With its capital city Nairobi being a major commercial hub, Kenya's economy is the largest by GDP in East and Central Africa. The telecommunications sector drives the service industry of Kenya. Tourism is another major industry contributing to the economy, also dominating the service industry. The trade partners of Kenya are UK, Netherlands, Uganda, Tanzania, US, Pakistan, India, China, UAE, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Japan.
Custom Regulations for Kenya:
- Original passport (If issued within the last two years, your old passport is also required)
- Work permit for non-Kenyan citizens
- Baggage Declaration Form C-18 (signed by customer)
- Bank Release
- Inventory in English (three copies valued and detailed with the number of packages)
- Insurance certificate
- Invoices for electrical items and their serial numbers
- Certificate of change of address
- You must be present at customs clearance to receive your shipment
- Your goods are subject to 100 percent customs verification
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free for returning Kenyan citizens if:
- You have resided outside Kenya for a minimum of two years
- Your effects are imported within three months of your arrival in Kenya
- Household goods have been in your possession for at least one year prior to import (new items subject to duty)
- Non-Kenyan citizens (first time arrivals) are permitted to import used household goods and personal effects duty-free within three months of work permit being issued
If any of the above items are included in your shipment, they will either be shipped back to your origin country or abandoned. Additional costs for either option will be charged to the customer.
- Weapons, silencers, ammunitions, toy guns and explosives, including tear gas
- Plants, seeds, bulbs, fresh fruit and vegetables (unless a permit is obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture stating plants are free from disease)
- Pornographic material
- Political literature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Firearms (require a certificate to be issued by Nairobi Firearms Bureau for import)
- New items (may require Import License and are subject to payment of custom duties and taxes)
- Fabric pieces
- Trade goods or goods for sale
- Aircraft and vessels of all kinds
- Used machinery
- All computers new or old (except under diplomatic status) or unless imported by a student in computer studies
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
Note: Vehicle importation highly restricted and time consuming
- First time arrivals to Kenya and returning Kenyan citizens residing outside Kenya for a minimum of two years are permitted to import one auto duty-free if:
- Vehicle is more than three months old and has been registered in owner's name for more than three months
- Vehicle is less than 2,500 cc
- Vehicle is not sold within 12 months of import
- Owner's work permit has been approved (for first time arrivals to Kenya)
- Owner is 18 years of age or older
- Documents required for vehicle importation:
- Import Declaration Form (IDF), Clean Report (IDF) and Clean Report Finding (CRF)
- Authority to import vehicle letter
- Log Book
- Certificate of Registration (indicate engine and chassis number, first date of registration and engine capacity)
- Certificate of local value
- Passport (if issued within last two years, the old passport is also required)
- Customs C15 Form
- New autos require invoice bearing engine and chassis number
- Work Permit
- Import permit (must be obtained from the Veterinary Department at Kabete, Nairobi prior to shipping)
- Up-to-date Vaccination Certificate (from country of origin, must be provided on arrival)
- Dogs and cats are exempt from VAT, but are dutiable
- Birds and bird eggs are prohibited
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea&air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090