Moving To > Israel
Moving to Israel from the U.S. - We Speak Your Language
If you are moving to Israel from the United States, there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe. The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Israel as seamless by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods, and much more.
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Israel
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Israel?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What will Moving to Israel Cost?
For an accurate estimate of your shipment size, you should schedule a home survey as early as possible for your move to Israel. Our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation. The cost of moving to Israel will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time.
Don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
Located on the southeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea, this Western Asian country is the world's only Jewish-majority state, and considered sacred to many. This iconic country draws over 3 million tourists annually, not only for its ties to biblical times, but also for its picturesque landmarks like the snow-capped Mount Hermon and King David's former refuge, the Dead Sea.
Israel is ranked among the top nations in the world for being economically developed and durable, and is considered one of the most advanced countries in Southwest Asia in terms of economical and industrial development. Some of its top exports include electronics, computerized systems, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals, fruits, grain, rough and cut diamonds.
Due to the country's diverse geography, it is home to various ethnic groups, and has a large number of settlers from Romania, Thailand, China, Africa and South America. Israel also shares its borders with Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria.
Great company, the best, and everything arrived in perfect condition.
"From my first contact with Boaz until the Global Moving people delivered my container from Miami to Tzfat, Israel; my experience with the whole crew was outstanding. They came to my home and expertly packed everything, so that even delicate crystal glasses arrived unbroken. All my call were promptly answered, and they made the whole process anxiety free and easy. It is so nice to work with friendly, professionals who know what they are doing. I would let them ship one of my children here to Israel, if such a thing was allowed....just joking."
- Dr. Harry Hamburger
Custom Regulations for Israel:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Passport (for all family members)
- Foreign worker must have a B-1 Visa stamped in passport, and a third party guarantee from employer
- Religious personnel must have an A-3 Visa stamped in passport, and third party guarantee
- Residence Visa
- Certificate of Residence (legally stamped and with lease or proof of ownership for a minimum of one year)
- If home is furnished, owner should specify which items are supplied, since duplicate items are not duty free
- Customs Bond
- Proof of employment (letter from employer or proof of work contract)
- Packing list (in English from Origin Agent, without values)
- Valued inventory (in Hebrew, with make, model, serial number, and manufacturer's name for all appliances and electronics)
- Teudat Oleh (New Immigrant Booklet)
- Insurance certificate and breakdown
- Power of Attorney (prepared and signed at Destination Agent office)
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- Israeli identity card, divorce papers, death certificate, and/or similar personal identity documents as applicable
- Customer must be in the country at the time of customs clearance
- Regulations will vary according to customer's immigration status - each customer must contact the Consulate for further details
- New immigrants and temporary residents may be allowed three duty free shipments within three years (vehicle shipment and professional tools cannot be included)
- New immigrants and temporary residents must have resided a minimum of one year in the last country of residence
- Returning Israelis are allowed one duty free shipment
- Household goods and personal effects for returning Israeli's must arrive within nine months of the customer's arrival
- All household goods and effects must be owned by the customer, and must be owned for at least one year
- For inheritance, the customer will need:
- Original will
- Testament showing recipient as beneficiary
- Death certificate
- Packing list
- Reduced taxes to be paid
When moving to Israel, customers may not import certain articles under any circumstance. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Firearms, weapons, and ammunition
- Tear gas
- Dangerous chemicals
- Narcotics and illegal drugs
- Seeds, live plants and saplings
- Pornographic material
- Fresh meat
- Gas operated BBQs
- Counterfeit material
- Gambling machines and games
- Materials used to incite racism, terrorism or violence
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Israel. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Inheritance (requires documents mentioned in above section)
- Electronics and electrical appliances (only one allowed each duty free, original invoices required, and must include make, model and serial number)
- All printed materials such as books, pictures, records, films, videos, CDs, computer software, etc. are subject to censorship and confiscation (must be packed separately for easy access and clearly marked on the inventory)
- Sporting and camping equipment
- Outdoor furniture
- Tools and gifts
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Foodstuffs (limit 15 kilograms duty free)
- Cordless phones and fax machines (dutiable and require a special permit from the Ministry of Telecommunications)
- Computers, answering machines and car radios
- Infant car seats
- Electric lawn mowers
- Musical instruments
- Medicines (require permission from Ministry of Health)
- CD players and turn tables
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
Customers moving to Israel may import their vehicles - returning citizens are subject to full duties, and new immigrants are subject to reduced duties of between 46 and 76 percent.
The vehicle may be admitted into the country if:
- The vehicle is left hand drive (right hand drive prohibited)
- An automobile not more than four years old may be imported with the approval of the Israeli Standards Institute
- The vehicle must be on a list of permitted models in Israel (available from the Ministry of Transportation)
- Purchase tax is exempted for new immigrants, but reduced duties and VAT will be applicable according to the type, engine size and weight of the vehicle
- Documents required:
- Teudat Oleh
- Purchase invoice or registration (in the shipper's name)
- Insurance certificate (valid in Israel)
- Valid Israeli driver's license and driver's license from origin country
- Import license from the Ministry of Transport
- Keys to the vehicle
Vehicles manufactured in the US are not recommended for importation to Israel due to a difference in gasoline.
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
- Import license (issued by the Director of Veterinary Services in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
- Health certificate
- Vaccination records
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090