Moving To > Iceland
Moving to Iceland from the U.S.
Moving to Iceland? International moving will make your relocation to Iceland smooth and simple through its best International Shipping services.
How to Move to Iceland
Are you looking for an International shipping service to deliver your possessions to Iceland? Why wait? Get aided by our International Moving Expert who provides you with the same along with the best moving options, which include:
- When will you be moving to Iceland?
- How long is your intended stay in Iceland?
- Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
The Cost of Moving to Iceland
Not all International Moving companies can provide you with exact estimate of your move, so rely with us, to avail apt services. The cost of your move to Iceland increases with the increase in destiny and cubic footage of the cargo.
To expedite your relocation to Iceland fix an appointment with a site inspector. This in turn will help you in getting an exact estimate of your belongings.
Being the only one country with no standing army, Iceland is a European island country in the North Atlantic Ocean. The settlement on Iceland dates back to 874 AD with Norwegian Chieftain, Ingolfur Arnarson, being the first permanent Norwegian settler on Iceland. According to the Freedom of Press, Iceland has one of the most free presses in the world.
In terms of area, Iceland is the world’s 18th largest and Europe’s second largest island. One of the youngest islands in the world, the Surtsey is part of Iceland. The Gulf Stream warms Iceland, which has a temperate climate.
Having its roots in Norse traditions, the culture of Iceland is rich and varied. Icelandic literature is most popular with some of its best-known classical works like Icelander’s sagas. The literature of Iceland was influenced by Scandinavian. Glima, a form of wrestling is the main traditional sport of Iceland.
Hydroelectric power and geothermal power are abundant in Iceland which lacks natural resources. Fishing is one of the main sectors contributing to the economy of Iceland. The export and import partners of Iceland are Netherlands, UK, Germany, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, US, China and Brazil.
Custom Regulations for Iceland:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO MOVE TO ICELAND
- Work Permit
- Inventory (in English)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Household goods and personal effects may be imported duty-free for non-residents
- Items must be for customer's own use not for sale, and must be re-exported at the time of customer's departure from Iceland
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Fishing equipment, including waders and rubber boots, which have been used abroad, unless such equipment has been disinfected. A certificate of disinfection issued by an authorized veterinary officer will be acceptable.
- Electronic equipment (only one of each allowed)
- Musical instruments
- Books, video and audio cassettes and movies are subject to censorship
- Narcotics and poisons
- Medicines (except small quantities for personal use)
- Firearms, weapons and ammunition
- Uncooked meat, meat and poultry products and dairy products
- Live animals and birds
- Autos may be imported, but must be re-exported when the owner's stay in Iceland is over
- Documents required:
- Vehicle Registration Book
- International Motor Insurance
- Owner's Green Card
- Driver's license valid in Iceland
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090