Moving To > Honduras
Moving to Honduras from the U.S.
Are you looking for an international moving company to help you with your move to Honduras? Look no further than International Sea & Air Shipping.
We offer a variety of international shipping and relocation services and are experts in the field of international relocation services. We can help you with your international move to Honduras every step of the way!
When Moving to Honduras
International Sea & Air Shipping can help you with all the aspects involved with moving to Honduras. Your international move will be stress-free with the help of our international moving agents who can guide you throughout the moving process and offer advice on topics like:
- When do you need to be in Honduras?
- Is storage needed for your move?
- Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to Honduras?
Estimating the cost of your move to Honduras can be challenging but the cost of your move to Honduras is directly related to the volume of your items. Any additional services, such as auto transport, will be added onto your estimate separately.
To get a free estimate for your move to Honduras, schedule an appointment with one of our expert moving agents. One of our moving agents will arrive at your home and provide you with the most accurate estimate for your move to Honduras and will answer any questions you may have about the international shipping process.
Call International Sea& Air Shipping today to schedule your appointment for a no-cost estimate at 1-866-788-1090 or fill out the free quote form!
Honduras is located in Central America and was formerly known as Spanish Honduras to differentiate from the British Honduras, which is now Belize. Bordered by Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua, Honduras was home to several important Mesoamerican cultures, including the Mayans.
The president is head of the state as well as government in Honduras. Executive power rests with government while National Congress has all the legislative power.
Natural resources in Honduras include timber, gold, silver, coal and many more other minerals. It hosts more than 6,000 species of plants, more than 700 species of birds and 110 mammal species, including bats. Not only are there rainforests in Honduras, there are cloud forests that can rise nearly 3,000 meters above sea-level.
Honduras is a signatory of CAFTA, a free trade agreement between Central America and USA. Its main trading partners include countries like the US, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Costa Rica and Germany.
Customs Regulations for Honduras:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Passport including photo page
- Residence Visa
- Work Permit and proof of employment
- Certificate of Residence Change
- Permit to import household goods and personal effects
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill - original
- Inventory in Spanish, (no other language accepted) three copies, preferably typed
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- Franchise (Dispensa) - for returning Hondurans, secured through an attorney after arrival
- Customer must be present during customs clearance
- Customs inspection is mandatory and generally performed at the customs site
- Inspection may take place at the customer's home or the agent's warehouse for an additional charge
- Narcotics/illegal drugs of any kind
- All weapons, ammunitions and explosives
- Pornographic material, subversive literature and films
- Electrical appliances and new items require original receipts with four copies
- Sporting firearms require a permit from the Secretary of Defense and the Treasury
- Alcohol-one bottle of spirits duty free, more incurs high tax and duty
- Tobacco-one carton of cigarettes or 1 one pound loose leaf or 250 cigars are duty free, more incurs high tax and duty
- Dogs and cats must be accompanied by a veterinarian health certificate issued at the point of origin and an import certificate from the Direccion General de Ganaderia y Veterinaria (Directorate General for Cattle Breeding and Veterinary Services)
- Dogs will require an additional rabies vaccine certificate, distemper and hepatitis certificate
- Quarantine is not required for pets coming from the U.S., but certificates must be certified by the USDA and all documentation must be in Spanish
- Required documents:
- Certificate of Vaccination - including rabies, dated less than 30 days prior to arrival
- Health Certificate - dated less than 10 days prior to arrival
- Import Permit
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- Only diplomats and international organizations are allowed to import a vehicle to Honduras
- Vehicles may be used or new, and are duty free, but subject to high taxes based on the vehicle's specifications
- Required documents:
- Certificate of Title and Registration - original
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice - original
- OBL and Passport
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090