Moving to Fiji from the U.S.
Are you planning a move to Fiji from the U.S.? Let International Sea & Air Shipping help you organize your international move. We'll guide you through each step of the planning process and our international moving experts will ensure a stress-free move to Fiji.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Fiji
Our moving specialists are well-versed in the international moving process and will always walk you through the steps during your move to Fiji. They can help you with all the issues involved in moving to Fiji such as:
- When do you need to be in Fiji?
- How long do you plan to stay in Fiji?
- Are you moving with family? Does the school year affect your time frame?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to Fiji
The cost of an international move to Fiji will directly depend on the amount of items you'll be shipping. If you'd like to use any of our other services such as auto shipping, those will be charged in addition to your estimate.
Because Fiji is located in the South Pacific Ocean, shipping times will vary and can take a considerable amount of time.
Schedule a home estimate today so that you can receive an accurate quote for your move to Fiji. Call International Sea & Air Shipping today at 1-866-780-3768 or fill out the quick online form.
Fiji is an island nation in Melanesia in the South Pacific Ocean. With the majority of its islands formed due to the volcanic activity, Fiji comprises an archipelago of more than 332 islands.
The closest neighbors of Fiji are Vanuatu, France's New Caledonia, Kermadec, Tonga, Samoas, France's Wallis and Futuna, and Tuvalu. The two main islands of Fiji are Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. Mount Tomanivi is the highest point of Fiji. Lautoka is the Fiji's second largest city with large sugarcane mills and a seaport.
The culture of Fiji is a rich mix of indigenous, Indian, Chinese, and European traditions. Polynesian and Melanesian heritage are reflected in the arts and crafts of Fiji. However, Fiji's culture has created a unique communal and national identity. Rugby and Soccer are the most popular sports of Fiji.
Fiji has one of the most developed economies in the Pacific island religion, due to abundant forest, mineral and fish reserves. The major sources contributing to the economy tourism and sugar exports. The trade partners of Fiji are US, Australia, UK, Samoa, Tonga, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, China, India and Thailand.
Custom Regulations for Fiji:
- Passport - copy
- Residence Permit - required before clearance can begin
- Work Permit - required before clearance can begin
- Customs Baggage Declaration (CE11) - signed in presence of Customs Officer
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- Comprehensive Valued Inventory
- Customer must be in Fiji at the time of customs clearance
- Storage charges will be incurred to the customer's account for any delay
- All shipments will be inspected by Customs Authority and Quarantine officials
- Firearms - require a license issued by Commissioner of Police
- Plants, seeds and foodstuffs- require a permit from Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Forests
- Alcohol - four (4) liters of wine, two (2) liters of spirits; both are subject to duty and tax
- Tobacco - 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of loose tobacco
- Gifts and perfume
- Any items that may have had contact with soil - bikes, gold clubs, lawn mowers, garden tools, etc. must be clearly marked and accessible
- Goods intended for trade or business
MOTOR VEHICLES REGULATIONS
- Narcotics/illegal drugs of any kind
- Pornography and subversive material
- Explosives, ammunitions and weapons
- Communications equipment including transceivers
- Agricultural material
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice
- Driver's license and International Insurance Policy
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Certificate of Vaccination - including rabies, dated less than 30 days prior to arrival and no more than 11 months prior to arrival
- Health Certificate - dated no more than five days prior to arrival
- Import Permit - obtained from Director of Agriculture
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : Fear God and honour the Queen|
Capital : Suva (on Viti Levu)
National Anthem : "Meda Dau Doka" ("God Bless Fiji")
Location : Oceania, island group in the South Pacific Ocean, about two-thirds of the way from Hawaii to New Zealand
Area : Total : 18,274 sq km
Land : 18,274 sq km
Climate : Tropical marine; only slight seasonal temperature variation
Water : N/A
Nationality : Fijian(s)
Population : 883,125 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : SUVA (capital) 174,000 (2009)
Languages : English (official), Fijian (official), Hindustani
GDP : $3.792 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Fijian dollars (FJD) per US dollar - NA (2007), 1.7313 (2006), 1.691 (2005), 1.7331 (2004), 1.8958 (2003)
Airports : 28 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 3,440 km
Waterways : 203 km
Ports & Terminals : Lautoka, Levuka, Suva