Moving to Czech Republic from the U.S.
Are you looking for an international moving company for your move from the United States to the Czech Republic? Then we at International Sea & Air Shipping are the right movers for you! We provide the best moving services and ensure your move is a complete success.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Czech Republic
Our expert moving agents will walk you through each step of the moving process and help with all moving aspects -such as:
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Czech Republic?
- Your real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with family?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to the Czech Republic?
The cost of an overseas move to Czech Republic is directly related to the cubic footage of the items you plan on shipping overseas. If you're shipping a car overseas, that's an added cost and will be separate.
To ensure an accurate estimate of your items, call International Sea & Air Shipping for an appointment. We will send one of our expert moving agents to your home for a detailed inspection of the site and your items and provide you with an estimate of the cost.
About Czech Republic
A landlocked country in Central Europe, Czech Republic was known previously as the Kingdom of Bohemia. Czech Republic is bordered by Poland, Slovakia, Austria and Germany.
There are warm summers and cold, cloudy and snowy winters and the temperature difference between summer and winter is relatively high due to its landlocked location.
The Czech Republic is known for its individually made, mouth blown and decorated art glass and crystal. The saying that "Every Czech is a musician,” represents the importance of music in Czech Republic, which is the most popular form of art. The main festivals celebrated by the people of Czech Republic are Christmas, Easter, and the Feast of Three Kings.
Czech Republic is a member of NATO, the European Union and OSCE and is one of the most stable and prosperous countries in Europe, with much of its population earning a high income per capital. Tourism is a source of substantial income for the Czech Republic-Prague is the fifth most visited city in Europe after London, Paris, Istanbul and Rome.
Customs Regulations for Czech Republic
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY|
- Passport (original or copy) or official travel document
- Work or residence visa (valid for minimum 90 days)
- Lease or rental contract with terms stating the customer will stay in the country for at least two years
- Letter from customer's employer stating the customer's position within the company and length of stayon company's letterhead
- Bill of Lading or Air Way Bill (original)
- Complete valued inventory list of shipment (must be in Czech, signed and dated by customer and detailing all items enclosed in the shipment)
- Declaration letter from customer attesting to length of stay
- Authorization letter Customs destination agent ability to clear shipment (must be stamped by Czech Republican bank where customer previously opened account)
- Bank guarantee for at least 50 percent of the total value of the shipment, which will be returned once all required documents have received a stamp of approval from customs' office at the point of entry
- All household goods and personal effects may be imported duty-free provided the customer has lived outside the Czech Republic for the last year and the items have been owned for at least six months prior to importation
- All goods must be imported within one year of the customer being issued a Czech visa
- Any household goods or personal items imported may not be sold for the length of the customer's stay in the Czech Republic
- For household goods to be imported, the customer's employer must have a license to do business in the Czech Republic
- Before arrival, the customer must be accredited and registered with local authorities in the Czech Republic to import household goods
The following items are prohibited from being imported into the Czech Republic and may be seized upon arrival:
- Weapons, explosives & ammunitions
- Firearms may only be imported after a gun license has been issued
- Narcotic/illegal drugs
- Pornographic material
These items may be imported in limited quantities or may require additional duties, taxes or fees before they are cleared by customs officials. The following items are restricted and dutiable by the Czech Republic:
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- All firearms require prior authorization from the Czech embassy in the customer's origin country before importing; firearms are held by police until the proper Czech firearms license is obtained by the customer and an exam is passed
- Artwork, paintings and antiques may be imported, as long as they are accompanied by two photographs of each item, one set of photos to be placed with the inventory list and the other to be kept for later re-exportation
- All plants being imported into the Czech Republic will require a FITO certificate
- All new items and food products will be restricted and subject to taxes and duties
- Alcohol may only be imported duty-free in the following amounts:
- Wine: 2 liters per person
- Liquor: 1 liter per person
- Tobacco may only be imported duty-free in the following amounts:
- 200 cigarettes
- 250 grams of loose tobacco
In the Czech Republic, the following rules apply to importing motor vehicles:
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
- All vehicles can be imported to the Czech Republic duty-free, however they will be subject to re-exportation
- Vehicles more than five years old are prohibited
- Vehicles must be at least six months old
- The following documents are required when importing a vehicle to Czech Republic:
- Original owner's manual
- Original certificate of title and vehicle registration
- Original commercial or purchase invoice providing proof of the date and location of vehicle's purchase
- Power of Attorney granting permission to Destination Agent to clear the vehicle through Customs
- Valid driver's license
- Residence permit
- Housing contract
The following information is applicable to those travelling with pets or importing pets (cats, dogs or ferrets) from the USA or Canada to the Czech Republic:
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate
- Completed veterinary certificate signed by a veterinary doctor that contains:
- Country of dispatch of the animal
- Owner/responsible person accompanying the animal
- Description of the animal
- Identification of the animal; microchip, tattoo, etc.
- Rabies Vaccination
- For animals other than dogs, cats or ferrets:
- Pets other than those can enter Czech Republic with a health certificate issued by customer's local veterinarian, unless the species or subspecies is listed under the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES) or he US Endangered Species Act
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : Truth prevails!|
Capital : Prague
National Anthem : "Kde domov můj" ("Where is My Home?")
Location : Central Europe, between Germany, Poland, Slovakia, and Austria
Area : Total : 78,867 sq km
Land : 77,247 sq km
Climate : Temperate; cool summers; cold, cloudy, humid winters
Water : 1,620 sq km
Nationality : Czech(s)
Population : 10,190,213 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : PRAGUE (capital) 1.162 million (2009)
Languages : Czech 94.9%, Slovak 2%, Other 2.3%, Unidentified 0.8% (2001 census)
GDP : $262.8 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Koruny (CZK) per US dollar - 19.111 (2010), 19.063 (2009), 17.064 (2008), 20.53 (2007), 22.596 (2006)
Airports : 122 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 128,582 km
Waterways : 664 km
Ports & Terminals : Decin, Prague, Usti nad Labem