Moving To > Cayman Islands
Moving to Cayman Islands from the U.S.
Are you planning an international move to the Cayman Islands? Let International Sea & Air Shipping help! We provide top notch international moving services to all our customers planning a move overseas.
Our expert moving agents will be with you every step of the way during your move to the Cayman Islands from the U.S.
Call International Sea & Air Shipping today to schedule your in-home estimate at 1-866-788-1090.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Cayman Islands
Planning a move to the Cayman Islands can be stressful, so let us help you every step of the way. When you choose International Sea & Air Shipping you'll get vital advice from our specialists on moving issues that may spring up along the way, such as:
- What is the time frame that your family should arrive in the Cayman Islands?
- Do you have a preference in terms of shipping by air or shipping by sea?
- Do you have an apartment or?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to the Cayman Islands?
Budget is probably one of your main concerns when planning an international move. When it comes to your move to the Cayman Islands, the cost of moving will depend entirely on the cubic footage of your items.
If you choose to use any of our other international moving services such as auto transport, those costs will added to your initial estimate.
You can make an appointment with our moving specialists for an in home estimate to look over your items and provide you with an accurate estimate by calling our offices today.
About the Cayman Islands
Located in the western Caribbean Sea, the Cayman Islands are a British overseas territory and considered part of the Greater Antilles.
The Cayman Islands are the peaks of the Cayman Ridge, a massive underwater ridge. They are comprised of three islands: Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. Grand Cayman is the largest of the three islands and is located south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
The Cayman Islands have a tropical climate with warm and rainy summers between May and October and dry winters between November and April.
The primary source of income for the Cayman Islands government is indirect taxation. The people of the Cayman Islands have the highest standard of living in the Caribbean. Ranked as the fifth largest banking center in the world, the Cayman Islands are a major international financial center. The export commodities of the Cayman Islands are turtle products and manufactured consumer goods. while the import commodities include foodstuffs, manufactured goods and fuels.
Custom Regulations for the Cayman Islands:
Used household goods and personal effects are duty free provided goods have been owned and used by the customer a minimum of six months and customer has lived abroad for at least one year.
- Residence Permit or Work Permit
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- Comprehensive Valued Inventory
- Pack list
- Power or Attorney - giving Destination Agent authority to arrange customs clearance
- Letter from Employer - attesting to customer's employment contract
- Custom Declaration Form
- Appliances and electronics - must have invoices
- VHF radios, CB radios and radar equipment - requires license obtained from Cayman Islands Customs Department
- Prescription medications - must have accompanying prescriptions
- Firearms, sport guns and ammunition
- New items (less than six months old) - subject to duty
- Alcohol - 2 liters allowed
- Tobacco - 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of loose tobacco
- Narcotics/illegal drugs and paraphernalia
- Items depicting or referencing marijuana
- Subversive materials
- Firearms, explosives, ammunitions and other type of weapon
- Marine Radios and radio transmitting equipment that only operates in AM mode within the bands 1605-4000KHz
- All flammable/corrosive materials
- Gambling paraphernalia and counterfeit currency
- Dogs, cats and bird require a permit - obtained from Cayman Islands Dept. of Agriculture
- Cats and dogs must be at least 10 months old to be imported into the Cayman Islands
- No animal of any description may be imported from: Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti and the Dominican Republic
- The following breeds are anot permitted: Malinois, Rottweiler, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brazileiro, Shar-pei, Pitbull Terrier, Akita, Stafforshire Terrier, American Bull Dog, Dogue de Bordeaux and Mastiff.
- Certificate of Vaccination required - including rabies, less than six month prior to arrival
- Health Certificate required
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- Vehicles are subject to duty based on CIF and will incur an environmental tax of $300 USD and a licensing fee of $290 USD
- New vehicles without stated value will be assessed using Kelley Blue Book
- Vehicles valued up to $14,500 will incur an environmental tax of $1525 USD and 29.5 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $15,500 - $20,000 will incur 29.5 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $20,001 - 25,000 will incur 32 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $25,001 - $30,000 will incur 37 percent duty
- Vehicles valued $30,000 and higher will incur 42 percent duty
- Up to 90cc will incur 32 percent duty
- 90cc and greater will incur 32 percent duty and environmental tax of $90 USD
- Motorcycles with side cars are prohibited
- Certificate of Title and Registration - original
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice - or proof of market value
- Driver's license and international insurance policy
- Insurance Cover Note - issued on Grand Cayman
- OBL- state chassis and engine numbers, cubic capacity, make, model and year of manufacture
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090