Austria International Shipping Services
Do you need international moving services for your overseas relocation to Austria? While moving to a new country is not only exciting, it also requires research and planning-and most importantly, a professional and trust worthy international mover to ship your household goods safely to your new home. If you are planning an overseas move to Austria, let International Sea & Air Shipping assist you with every aspect of your relocation to ensure it is a success!
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Austria
International Sea & Air Shipping's talented and expertly trained moving specialists will help you every step of the way during your international move to Austria. Before you get started, learn more about all of our offered shipping services and options to determine what best meets your needs:Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Austria? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Austria Cost?
Cost is always a major factor to consider when planning your overseas move. Your first step is scheduling a home survey with International Sea & Air Shipping to receive a quote to ship your items to Austria. One of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to view your belongings and determine your shipment's estimated cubic footage. You will then receive a free quote for the international moving services you need!
Ultimately, the cost of your overseas move to Austria will vary based on the cubic footage of your shipment, your preferred method of shipping (air vs. sea freight) the services you require (such as packing and custom crating), and many other factors.
Austria is a landlocked country in Central Europe, with a highly mountainous terrain due to the presence of the Alps. Austria is bordered by the Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Its climate is predominantly alpine,meaning most of the region experiences cool or temperate weather.
Austria is known internationally for its contributions to the scientist community, the nation is home to many scientists, such as, Ludwig Boltzmann, Lise Meitner, Anton Zeilinger, Karl Popper, Gregor Mendel and Konrad Lorenz. The country is also rich in culture, with many poets, writers, and novelists residing there-some of whom are Noble Prize winners.
Austria is a member of the United Nations, the European Union and a founder member of the OECD. Austria is the 12th richest country in the world, with most of its most revenue coming from highly developed industry and international tourism. Austria's trade partners are Germany, Italy, Switzerland, the US and the Netherlands.
Custom Regulations for Austria:
- Passport (original)
- Inventory in triplicate
- Original Residence Permit (Meldezette)
- Certificate of Residence Change
- Entry Certificate from the Police Station of municipal office concerned
- Exit Certificate stating stay abroad was for at least twelve months
- Used household goods (owned and used for at least six months) and personal effects are generally duty-free provided the customer has been abroad for at least twelve months, and the goods will not be sold for at least twelve months after import
- Goods must be imported within two years from the change of residence of the custom
- Alcohol, tobacco products, perfume
- Foodstuffs, beverages and other consumables
- New items, appliances and gifts are subject to duties
- Weapons and ammunition require a special license
- Plants and certain plant products require a plant protection certificate
- Objects of art, antiques, invoice for goods in duplicate (if applicable, expert appraisal)
MOTOR VEHICLES REGULATIONS
- Motor vehicles are exempt from duties if owned and used abroad for at least six months, and cannot be sold or otherwise transferred for two years
- All cars must meet Austrian specifications and may require extensive modifications
- Proof of automobile insurance is required
- Application for Austrian license plates must be made immediately; plates from original country must be available
- Separate customs clearance at the main customs office in Vienna is necessary
- Documents required:
- Log Book
- Purchase Invoice and contract
- Passport (copy)
- Registration with police or local authority in Austria (original)
- Exit Certificate stating stay abroad was for at least 12 months
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Dogs and cats are permitted with Health and Vaccination Certificate in German
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : It is Austria's destiny to rule the world|
Capital : Vienna
National Anthem : "Land der Berge, Land am Strome" ("Land of Mountains, Land on the River")
Location : Central Europe, north of Italy and Slovenia
Area : Total : 83,871 sq km
Land : 82,445 sq km
Climate : Temperate; continental, cloudy; cold winters with frequent rain and some snow in lowlands and snow in mountains; moderate summers with occasional showers
Water : 1,426 sq km
Nationality : Austrian(s)
Population : 8,217,280 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : VIENNA (capital) 1.693 million (2009)
Languages : German (official nationwide) 88.6%, Turkish 2.3%, Serbian 2.2%, Croatian (official in Burgenland) 1.6%, Other (includes Slovene, official in Carinthia, and Hungarian, official in Burgenland) 5.3% (2001 census)
GDP : $332.6 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Euros (EUR) per US dollar - 0.7715 (2010), 0.7179 (2009), 0.6827 (2008), 0.7345 (2007), 0.7964 (2006)
Airports : 55 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 107,262 km
Waterways : 358 km
Ports & Terminals : Enns, Krems, Linz, Vienna