Moving To > Algeria
Algeria International Shipping Services
Do you need international moving services for your overseas relocation to Algeria? While moving to a new country is not only exciting, it also requires research and planning-and most importantly, a professional and trust worthy international mover to ship your household goods safely to your new home. If you are planning an overseas move to Algeria, let International Sea & Air Shipping assist you with every aspect of your relocation to ensure it is a success!
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Algeria
International Sea & Air Shipping's talented and expertly trained moving specialists will help you every step of the way during your international move to Algeria. Before you get started, learn more about all of our offered shipping services and options to determine what best meets your needs:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Algeria? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Algeria Cost?
Cost is always a major factor to consider when planning your overseas move. Your first step is scheduling a home survey with International Sea & Air Shipping to receive a quote to ship your items to Algeria. One of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to view your belongings and determine your shipment's estimated cubic footage. You will then receive a free quote for the international moving services you need!
Ultimately, the cost of your overseas move to Algeria will vary based on the cubic footage of your shipment, your preferred method of shipping (air vs. sea freight) the services you require (such as packing and custom crating), and many other factors.
Algeria, officially known as the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is the largest country in the Arab world, and the second largest on the African continent. Having few natural harbors, most of the Algeria's landscape is grassy dessert-like regions, hilly and mountainous, and beautiful coastline. A variety of wildlife inhabits the country, often living close to civilization. Commonly sighted species include wild boars, jackals, gazelles, fennecs (foxes), and jerboas. There is also a small leopard and cheetah population, but these animals are rarely seen by human residents. Algeria also has a wide variety of bird species.
Algeria is bordered by Tunisia, Libya, Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Mali, Niger and the Mediterranean Sea. It has a unique culture rich in literature, music, and art. The country's cuisine is made up of varied dishes, depending on the region and time of year-however, cereal is often always incorporated into the cuisine because of its abundance in the nation.
Algeria is a member of the Arab League, United Nations, African Union, and OPEC and is also a founding member of the Arab Maghreb Union. The driving force of Algeria's economy is the fossil fuels energy sector. Algeria has the eighth largest proven natural gas reserves in the world-and the 14th largest petroleum reserves. Its trade partners are US, Italy, Spain, France, China, Germany and Netherlands.
Custom Regulations for Algeria:
- Passport (must show last entry stamp)
- Certificate of Change of Residence, Visa by the Algerian Consulate/Embassy at origin
- Employment Contract
- Residence Visa
- Work Permit
- Valued Inventory (detailed, in French), consularized
- For electrical items state make, model and serial number
- Must state quantity of records, cassettes, tapes and videos
- Bank Guarantee or Letter of Guarantee
- Invoice for all electrical appliances
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT CLEARANCE
- Only one shipment allowed
- All shipments subject to inspection
- New furniture (less than six months old) and office furniture
- Foodstuffs (in large quantities)
- Only one of each appliance is permitted duty-free
- Alcoholic beverages
MOTOR VEHICLES REGULATIONS
- Live plants
- Pornographic materials
- Weapons and ammunition
- Radio equipment (walkie-talkies)
- Currency and jewelry
- Political materials
- All foreigners will require proof of an import license
- All vehicles must be new at the time of shipping
- All custom duties will be assessed upon shipping
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090