Moving to Ukraine from the U.S.
With International Sea & Air Shipping you can make your international move between Ukraine and USA a smooth and tension free affair. Our sincerity, professionalism and experience can deliver your regular household goods and special items safely to your destination.
When Moving to Ukraine
An international Moving specialist will be assigned for each client to make your move to Ukraine compact, quick and hassle free. To have a seamless services our experts will take care of all the moving criteria such as:
- When you are shifting to Ukraine?
- How long you intend to stay in Ukraine?
- What is your preferred mode of shipping for your belongings, sea or air?
The Cost of Moving to Ukraine
The cost of Moving to Ukraine from USA varies and depends on the cubic footage of your shipment. So increase or decrease in cost depends on the distance between the place you are relocating to or from Ukraine and the USA. Also depends on the choice of shipping your goods by air or sea.
To get an exact estimate of all your home belongings and the cubic footage of your shipment consult a home inspector. International moving specialists will help you in estimating the cost for your move to Ukraine from USA.
Ukraine, a country in Eastern Europe is formerly known as ‘The Ukraine’. Composed of 24 provinces, one autonomous republic and two cities, Ukraine is a unitary state. In Europe the second largest military is maintained by Ukraine.
Ukraine is the world’s 44th largest country in terms of area and is also the largest wholly European country. Bordered by Russian Federation, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Moldova, Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe.
Christianity, the dominant religion in the country heavily influenced the customs of Ukraine. The influence of western and eastern neighbors on the culture of Ukraine is visible in its architecture, music and art. Ukraine also has the roots of pysanky, the tradition of Easter egg.
Information Technology is one of the growing sectors of Ukrainian economy. Ukraine is one of the largest refiners of metallurgical products in eastern Europe and also has a very large industrial base. Tourism is another growing factor in the economy of Ukraine which ranks 8th in the world by the number of tourists visiting. The trade partners of Ukraine are Russia, Turkey, China, Germany, Kazakhstan and Poland.
Custom Regulations for Ukraine :
- Passport (copy)
- Valid Visa
- Proforma Value of the shipment (for Customs purposes only)
- Inventory (detailed and in English)
- A separate list describing year made and country of origin for any items of cultural value (computers, stereos, works of art, antiques, carpets, silver and musical instruments (attach photos of all items mentioned above)
- Customer must be accredited and registered with the local authorities at destination or he must be employed by a foreign Embassy/Consulate. The accreditation and registration must be obtained by the employer of the customer at destination.
- Items made before 1945, this includes furniture, ornaments and books
- Artistic drawings and paintings (note name of work and artist)
- Carpets (hand-made)
- Coin collections and stamp collections
- Figurines, sculptures and statues, icons and Samovars
- Musical instruments (note serial number)
- Precious metals and precious and semi-precious stones and anything made of them
- Books (note author, title and publisher of each book)
- Any item of cultural value must be documented with two photos, which need to be forwarded to the destination agent at least one week prior to arrival of the goods
- Weapons and ammunition
- Pornographic material
- Fresh meat and vegetables
- One vehicle per Customer
- Need all details about the auto including frame/chassis number and motor number
- Documents required:
- A copy of the original registration document
- Original Commercial Invoice
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Importation of any kind of pet is prohibited
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : N/A|
Capital : Kyiv (Kiev)
National Anthem : "Shche ne vmerla Ukrainy" ("Ukraine's Glory Has Not Perished")
Location : Eastern Europe, bordering the Black Sea, between Poland, Romania, and Moldova in the west and Russia in the east
Area : Total : 603,550 sq km
Land : 579,330 sq km
Climate : Temperate continental; Mediterranean only on the southern Crimean coast; precipitation disproportionately distributed, highest in west and north, lesser in east and southeast; winters vary from cool along the Black Sea to cold farther inland; summers are warm across the greater part of the country, hot in the south
Water : 24,220 sq km
Nationality : Ukrainian(s)
Population : 45,134,707 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : KYIV (capital) 2.779 million; Kharkiv 1.455 million; Dnipropetrovsk 1.013 million; Odesa 1.009 million; Donetsk 971,000 (2009)
Languages : Ukrainian (official) 67%, Russian 24%, Other 9% (includes small Romanian-, Polish-, and Hungarian-speaking minorities)
GDP : $306.3 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Hryvnia (UAH) per US dollar - 7.9111 (2010), 7.7912 (2009), 4.9523 (2008), 5.05 (2007), 5.05 (2006)
Airports : 425 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 169,495 km
Waterways : 2,150 km
Ports & Terminals : Feodosiya (Theodosia), Illichivsk, Mariupol', Mykolayiv, Odesa, Yuzhnyy