Moving to Kuwait from the U.S.
Moving to Kuwait is a major transition for anyone-there is so much to consider when planning your move abroad. If you’re planning a move to Kuwait from the U.S. and are looking for an international moving company, your search can end here!
At International Sea & Air Shipping we carefully plan and execute all the phases of your move with precision. We offer you customized moving services that will ensure a stress-free moving experience.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Kuwait
Benefit from the experience of our moving experts who will organize your overseas move from USA to Kuwait. Effortlessly handle your moving issues under guidance from our moving specialists such as:
- When do you need to be in the Kuwait?
- When should your shipment arrive and at what port or airport?
- Do you intend to relocate permanently or temporarily with a work visa?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to Kuwait?
When moving to Kuwait it can take a great deal of time to deliver your items. The cost of your international move will depend on the volume of your items. The greater the cubic space your items need, the greater the cost.
If you plan on using any of our other services, such as auto transport, those will be charged in addition to the household goods shipment.
Schedule a meeting with one of our moving experts to appraise your belongings and to calculate an accurate estimate for your international move. Call 1-866-780-3768 today.
Kuwait is a small country in the Middle East, in the Northeast end of the Arabian Peninsula. The name Kuwait comes from Arabic word "Akwat," plural of "Kout" which means “fortress built near water.”
Kuwait has an arid climate with a large temperature difference between the winter and summer. Rainfall varies throughout the country and in the summer, average temperatures range from 107 degrees Fahrenheit to 118 degrees Fahrenheit.
Kuwait is one of smallest countries in the world in terms of land area. Kuwait has nine islands-out of which only Failaka Island is inhabited. It is bordered by Saudi Arabia and Iraq.
Kuwait is a constitutional emirate with a semi-democratic political system and a high income economy, backed by the sixth largest oil reserves. According to World Bank, Kuwait has the third highest income per capita in the world.
Trading partners include South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, USA, China, Germany, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Italy, France, India and UK.
Custom Regulations for Kuwait :
- CUSTOMER'S PRESENCE IS REQUIRED FOR CUSTOMS. ALL SHIPMENTS ARE INSPECTED.
- *NOTE: THAT CUSTOMERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS CLEARING THE RESTRICTED ITEMS SHOWN BELOW THROUGH CUSTOMS WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT LOSS AND DAMAGE.
- Personal effects such as clothing and books are permitted duty-free provided they arrive by air. Used household goods are permitted, but subject to duty.
- Passport - two copies of information page, entry stamp page and Residence Permit page
- Residence Permit (Kiama)
- Visa - issued by host company
- Civil ID (Kuwait ID card) - copy of front and back
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- “No Objection Certificate" - obtained from the Ministry of the Interior
- Comprehensive Inventory - state make, model and brand of ALL items
- Inventory - in Arabic, showing gross weight and number of boxes
- Power of Attorney - in Arabic on A4 paper, giving authority for Destination Agent to arrange customs clearance, signed by client
- Letter from Employer - on company letterhead; addressed to Customs Authority attesting to sponsorship, purpose of stay and naming Destination Agent responsible for shipment clearance; must be signed by company signatory and stamped
- Declaration of Employer - on company letterhead confirming employment
- Electronic items included in shipment will delay Customs and subject to approval by Ministry of Commercial Industry
- Medication and foodstuff (subject to special approval and inspection by the Ministry of Health), must be packed separately
- New items
- Pesticides/insecticides, paints, chemicals subject to approval by Environmental Protection Authority
- Tobacco - 500 cigarettes or two pounds of loose tobacco
Prohibited goods MUST NOT BE INCLUDED with the goods being shipped. Any prohibited items in shipment will be confiscated and may be destroyed without the customer's consent.
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- PC's, radio transmitters, and wireless telephones require a special permit and are subject to approval by the Ministry of Telecommunications
- Weapons, ammunition and explosives - including antique and ornamental
- Narcotics and drugs
- Pork products
- Alcoholic beverages of any type including beer and wine-making kits
- Gambling equipment
- Pornographic or political, military literature or controversial materials
- Subversive materials of any kind - religious or political
- ALL PRINTED MATTER, BOOKS, PICTURES RECORDS, FILMS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ETC. ARE SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS)
- OWNER'S PRESENCE REQUIRED AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FOR ANY VEHICLE
- Vehicles are subject to a duty of five percent on value estimated by Kuwait Customs. Vehicles more than five years old are prohibited.
- Documents required
- Temporary Import Permit (valid 30 days) issued by Kuwait Ministry of Commerce
- Residence Permit
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Pets may be brought into Kuwait either as hold baggage or as cargo
- Customer must obtain prior approval of General Directorate for Agricultural and Sea Wealth
- All imported pets are subject to quarantine
- Required documents:
- Certificate of Vaccination - including rabies, dated 30 days to 11 months prior to arrival
- Health Certificate - dated no more than five days prior to arrival
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill - stating value of pet
- Declaration - providing description, name, age, sex, color and markings of pet
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : We will never forget you|
Capital : Kuwait City
National Anthem : "Al-Nasheed Al-Watani" ("National Anthem")
Location : Middle East, bordering the Persian Gulf, between Iraq and Saudi Arabia
Area : Total : 17,818 sq km
Land : 17,818 sq km
Climate : Dry desert; intensely hot summers; short, cool winters
Water : N/A
Nationality : Kuwaiti(s)
Population : 2,595,628 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : KUWAIT CITY(96,100) est. 2009, Al Jahra(24,281)
Languages : Arabic (official), English widely spoken
GDP : $144.3 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Kuwaiti dinars (KD) per US dollar - 0.2888 (2010), 0.2877 (2009), 0.2679 (2008), 0.2844 (2007), 0.29 (2006)
Airports : 7 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 5,749 km
Waterways : N/A
Ports & Terminals : Ash Shu'aybah, Ash Shuwaykh, Az Zawr (Mina' Sa'ud), Mina' 'Abd Allah, Mina' al Ahmadi