Moving to Jordan from the U.S.
Moving to Jordan from the United States is a major transition for anyone, and there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe.
The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move, especially when it comes to documentation, customs regulations and shipping services. Let us tackle the tough stuff for you.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Jordan as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more.
We'll be there with you each and every step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods, to shipping them overseas and assisting you through the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you need to do is give us a call so we can get started with an on-site estimate. We'll take care of everything else.
Here's how we get the job done:
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Jordan
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Jordan?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family?
For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Jordan Cost?
For the most accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you should schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to Jordan.
Don't wait until the last possible moment, contact International Sea & Air Shipping today. You won't regret the decision.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation.
The cost of moving to Jordan will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time so it's extremely important that you work with an agent so they can give you the most accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
Officially known as the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Jordan is an Arab country in West Asia located along the East Bank of the Jordan River.
Despite being a constitutional monarchy, the king of Jordan has wide executive and legislative power over the country. The area also stands as the third freest economy in West Asia and North Africa according to the Human Development Report.
Considered an upper-middle income country, the economy in Jordan has been growing since 2005 and boasts the highest skilled workers in the region. It also holds the highest medical tourism rate in the Middle East since the 1970s.
English is widely spoken throughout Jordan, especially in commerce and banking communities. Although the official language is Modern Standard Arabic, almost all university courses are held in English.
Can't wait to get started with your overseas relocation to Jordan? First, find out what you'll need to clear Customs.
Customs Regulations for Jordan
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY|
- Residence Visa
- Lease of residence
- Work Permit
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- Inventory (comprehensive)
- Authorization letter (notarized at a Jordanian bank)
- Gives the Destination Agent permission to clear the shipmen
- Customer must be in Jordan during the clearance process
- Customer should also be present for the customs process
- Importation of household goods and personal effects should take place within six months of arrival
- All shipments are subject to full inspection
- Customer must provide appropriate keys for all locked items
In Jordan, some articles may not be imported in a customer's baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Narcotics or illegal drugs
- Pornography and subversive materials
- Explosives, ammunitions and weapons
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Jordan. These items include, but are not limited to:
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- Electronics, radios and video cameras
- Musical instruments
- New items (dutiable)
- Computers, fax machines and other home office equipment
- Wireless phones (must be inspected by the Telecommunications Department and meet their regulations)
- Satellite and wireless equipment, CB radios and walkie talkies (must be approved by the Radio and TV Corporation)
- Household appliances
- CDs, DVDs, videos and video tapes
In Jordan, the following rules apply to importing motor vehicles:
For importation, you will need the following documents:
- Vehicles more than five years old are not permitted entry
- Vehicles that operate on diesel fuel are also not permitted
- Vehicles are subject to high import taxes, VAT (value-added tax) and duties determined by the age, value and engine capacity of the vehicle
- Vehicles imported by returning Jordanians are subject to duties (unless the vehicle was exported from Jordan with all customs duties paid and is now being re-imported)
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
- Certificate of title (original)
- Registration (original)
- Commercial/purchase invoice (original)
- Import Customs Declaration form
When importing a pet (all are considered to be duty free) to Jordan, they will need to be accompanied with the following documentation:
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
- Certificate of vaccination (including proof of rabies inoculation, given at least 30 days but no more than 11 months prior to importation)
- Health certificate (issued by a licensed veterinarian and dated less than 30 days before arrival)
- Birds require approval from the Jordanian Ministry of Agriculture
When moving to Jordan permanently, importation of both personal effects (clothing, jewelry, toiletries) and household effects (furniture, rugs, linens, bedding, dishes and other furnishings) are free of duty and tax if:
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea&air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- The customer intends to keep their residency
- Returning Jordanian citizens have lived abroad for a minimum of 12 months
- The good and personal effects have been used “30 percent” (determined by Customs officials)
- Without the proper documents, duties and taxes on these goods are 47 percent of CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) value
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : God, Homeland, Sovereign|
Capital : Amman
National Anthem : "Al-salam Al-malaki Al-urdoni" ("The Royal Anthem of Jordan")
Location : Middle East, northwest of Saudi Arabia
Area : Total : 89,342 sq km
Land : 88,802 sq km
Climate : Mostly arid desert; rainy season in west (November To April)
Water : 540 sq km
Nationality : Jordanian(s)
Population : 6,508,271 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : AMMAN (capital) 1.088 million (2009)
Languages : Arabic (official), English widely understood among upper and middle classes
GDP : $33.79 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Jordanian dinars (JOD) per US dollar - 0.709 (2010), 0.709 (2009), 0.709 (2008), 0.709 (2007), 0.709 (2006)
Airports : 18 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 7,891 km
Waterways : N/A
Ports&Terminals : Al 'Aqabah