Moving To Israel
If you are moving to or from Israel, International Sea & Air Shipping can make your Israle relocation smooth and seamless with sea or air continers for your personal belongings.
When Moving to Israel
An International Moving Specialist will help you by outlining your moving options based on your moving criteria such as:
- When is the move date & date of your flight?
- When do you want your shipment to arrive in Israel and at what port or airport?
- How long is your intended stay in Israel?
The Cost of Moving to Israel
The cost to move to Israel from the United States varies considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time.
Make an appointment for consultation on your move to Israel - including a site inspection of your home and belongings to get the most accurate cubic feet estimate & moving services to help expedite your relocation to Israel.
Located in the western part of Asia, Israel is more familiarly known for its religious importance and connections. In fact, this country traces its connection back to the historical Biblical land of Israel and holds religious importance to Jews, Muslims and also Christians. Apart from the historical and religious significance, Israel has a variety of landscapes that attracts thousands of tourists every year in this country.
Israel is one of the most advanced countries in Southwest Asia in economic and industrial development. Israel shares borders with Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. Israel has large number of settlers from Romania, Thailand, China, Africa and South America.
The most attractive part while touring in Israel is that tourists can reach from snowy Mount Hermon to the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea within a couple of hours making the tour easier and interesting.
Israel was the 41st largest economy by nominal GDP in the world in 2008 and ranked 17th among of the world's most economically developed nations. The largest trading partners are Hong Kong, US, China, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, UK, and Netherlands.
Custom Regulations for Israel:
- All Passports (old and new) for all citizenships, for customer, spouse and all dependent children
- Foreign worker must have a B-1 Visa stamped in Passport and Third Party Guarantee from his employer
- Religious personnel must have an A-3 Visa stamped in Passport and Third Party Guarantee
- Returning Israeli student must have stamped Passport by Customs authorities
- Residence Visa
- Customs Bond
- Proof of Employment
- Insurance Certificate and breakdown
- Certificate of Residence - legally stamped (lease or proof of ownership for a minimum of one year -- if furnished, should specify which items supplied, as duplicate items imported are not duty-free)
- Letter authorizing destination agent to clear shipment
- Inventory (in Hebrew) showing values of all items, giving make, serial number and appliance manufacturer's name, whether old or new, and sizes for all fabric items (rugs, drapes, wallpaper, etc.)
- Must itemize dinnerware and cutlery
- Invoices for new items
- New Immigrant Booklet (Teudat Oleh) for immigrants
- Israeli identity card (for singles),divorce papers (for divorced persons), death certificate (for widows/widowers), and similar personal identity documents, as applicable
- Declaration and Power of Attorney for customs to be prepared and signed at the destination agents office
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY AT TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Regulations vary according to customer's immigration status -- each customer must contact the Consulate for further details
- New immigrants or temporary residents may be allowed three duty-free shipments within three years (shipment of auto and professional tools is not included in these three shipments)
- Returning Israelis are allowed one duty-free shipment
- New immigrants and temporary residents must have resided a minimum of one year in the last country of residence
- Household goods and personal effects for Returning Israelis must arrive within nine months of customer
- All household goods and personal effects must be owned by the customer
- Original will
- Testament showing recipient as beneficiary
- Death certificate
- Packing list
- Reduced taxes to be paid
- Customs inspection to be performed
- Only one of each electrical/electronic appliances are duty-free
- Original invoices required
- Must state make, model and serial number
- New items (invoice required)
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Carpets, curtains, linoleum, wallpaper, fabrics (state how many meters and price)
- Tools and gifts
- Musical instruments
- Camping and sports equipment
- Food items: allowed 15 kgs. per person, the balance is subject to Customs duties
- Cordless telephones and facsimile machines are dutiable and a special permit from the Ministry of Telecommunications is required. Recommend checking in advance whether model in question is permissible.
- Computer, answering machine, fax machine, safety car seat, car radio, windsurfer, electric powered lawn mower, building accessories, compact disc and turntable (only if both are imported)
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition, tear gas, explosives and dangerous chemicals - (NOTE: Small arm caliber's can be imported but require special permission from the Israeli Police and Ministry of Interiors.
- Large quantities of any items are not permitted
- Narcotics, drugs and dangerous chemicals
- Seed, live plants and saplings
- Pornographic material
- Fresh meat
- ALL PRINTED MATTER, BOOKS,PICTURES, RECORDS, FILMS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS,COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND DISKETTES, ETC. ARE SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS AND CLEARLY MARKED ON THE INVENTORY).
- CERTAIN AUTOS FORBIDDEN FROM ENTRY, CUSTOMERS MUST CONTACT CONSULATE FOR DETAILS
- Automobiles for returning Israelis are subject to full customs duties
- Automobiles for new immigrants are subject to reduced customs duties of 46 - 76%
- An auto not more than four years old may be imported with approval by the Israeli Standards Institute
- Right-hand drive automobiles are prohibited
- Documents required:
- Teudat Oleh
- Purchase Invoice or Registration in name of shipper
- Insurance Certificate (valid in Israel)
- Valid Israeli Driver's License from country of origin and Israeli drivers license
- Import License from the Ministry of Transport
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- Health certificate
- Vaccination records
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090
Motto : N/A|
Capital : Jerusalem
National Anthem : "HaTikvah" ("The Hope")
Location : Middle East, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Egypt and Lebanon
Area : Total : 20,770 sq km
Land : 20,330 sq km
Climate : Temperate; hot and dry in southern and eastern desert areas
Water : 440 sq km
Nationality : Israeli(s)
Population : 7,473,052 (July 2011 est.)
Major Cities : Tel Aviv-Yafo 3.219 million; Haifa 1.027 million; JERUSALEM (capital) 768,000 (2009)
Languages : Hebrew (official), Arabic used officially for Arab minority, English most commonly used foreign language
GDP : $217.1 billion (2010 est.)
Exchange Rates : Israeli shekels (ILS) per US dollar - 3.7461 (2010), 3.9326 (2009), 3.588 (2008), 4.14 (2007), 4.4565 (2006)
Airports : 48 (2010)
Roadways : Total : 18,096 km
Waterways : N/A
Ports & Terminals : Ashdod, Elat (Eilat), Hadera, Haifa